ABOUT MARTIN JEŽÍK
Martin Ježík was born in 1979 in Trencin, Slovakia.
He had started to take photos by Zenit E from ZSSR and the first photos were made in his bathroom.
The urge to create something artistic and unique in photography has never left him and he became interested in historical photographic techniques:
- Wet Plate Collodion
- Film photography
- Hand colored print
- Gum bichromate
His interest in chemistry helped him to understand the complexity of these historical techniques easily.
Martin Ježík offers his thoughts in the recent interview:
„The joy of photography is creating something beautiful, interesting or capturing something an eye doesn't usually see. The photography taken by old techniques can distract you from the present moment, it can transfer you to the old times and give you a chance to appreciate it. That´s the joy for me, that's the main goal. I offer you something unusual to your living room.“
He mostly uses classic film cameras:
- Pentacon Six TL
- Polaroid SX - 70
- Meopta Magnola 13x18 cm
- Yashica Mat 124 G
- Minolta XG-M
- Bessa R4A
- Canon EOS 30 & 33
Offering limited edition of prints for sale, prints are numbered in a sequence and signed by the author.
AWARDS, INTERVIEWS, ARTICLES, ...
- CFFU Silver Medal - International Photo Salon Žena Woman Strakonice 2017
- 8 Polaroids in PHOTODARIUM Private 2018
- 8 Polaroids in PHOTODARIUM Private 2017
- SAM May 2016 - Slovak Art Magazin - The Polaroid #77 and The Polaroid #78 in G@leria
- Photograph of the Year 2014 in Slovak republic - TOP 15
- Best photograph of Československá fotografie
- interwiev in Československá fotografia
- DIGI Foto - my article Čarovné sklíčko
- interwiev in DIGI Foto
- SAM 07 - Slovak Art Magazin - My Wet Plate Collodion Photograph in G@leria
- Member of jury at Park Foto 2014 in Piešťany
- Member of jury at Park Foto 2015 in Piešťany
- Author of the collodion BOOK ! project
ASSERTION & LEGEND
2018: ... I'M NOT PHOTOGRAPHER. I AM AN ALCHEMISTS.
2017: ... THE BEST COLOR PHOTOGRAPHY IS BLACK & WHITE.
2016: ... SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY TAKE THEIR PHOTOS WITH HEARTS. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DO IT. I TAKE MY PICTURES WITH A CAMERA.
2015: ... THE LIGHT IS A LIFE. THE LIGHT IS A DAY AND NIGHT. THE LIGHT IS A PHOTOGRAPHY.
2013: ... THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PART OF WOMAN BODY ARE HER LEGS.
2010: ... IF AT LEAST ONE PERSON LIKES MY PHOTOGRAPH ... I HAVE REACHED MY GOAL.
2008: ... SILENT, RED LIGHT AND IN THE TRAY IS DEVELOPING THE PICTURE ... WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT.